We have raised +$19 billion to support vaccine, TB, and nutrition aid efforts globally, and we’re just getting started.
ACTION is a partnership of locally rooted organizations around the world that advocate for life-saving care for millions of people who are threatened by preventable diseases.
The tuberculosis epidemic, low vaccination rates, and poor child nutrition disproportionately affect the world’s most vulnerable people. Affected and donor countries can end diseases of poverty and improve quality of life for all people if they step up funding and create more effective policies.
We work as equal partners to bring together efforts across borders to increase investments and build political support for global health. Over the last six years alone, ACTION partners have helped bring $9.8 billion to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria; $5 billion for Gavi, the Vaccines Alliance, to support poor countries in immunizing half a billion children in 2015; and $3 billion for the long-neglected fight against undernutrition since 2013.
We create sustainable partnerships with grassroots organizations, bringing country-level plans the support of global programming.
How we do it:
- Develop long-term, trusted relationships with policymakers based on the credibility of our locally rooted independent organizations and model of effective civil society and citizen engagement.
- Identify, train, support, amplify, and elevate policymaker, patient/survivor, celebrity, and citizen advocate champions, and connect them directly to meaningful opportunities to influence policy.
- Through oversight and policy research, identify barriers or gaps in financing and delivery of key proven health solutions.
- Engage media at all levels, including locally relevant small media markets that influence key policymakers.
- With a seat at key tables where global health decisions are made, directly influence the global health agenda to respond to community needs.
ACTION PROMOTES IMPACT PROGRAMMING
Lower and middle-income countries have continued to suffer the worst impacts of the coronavirus pandemic. ACTION works to deliver resources to alleviate these disparities.
The global COVID-19 pandemic has had a catastrophic impact on lower- and middle-income countries. ACTION is committed to fighting for greater access to vaccines at all levels.
ACTION is proud to champion partnerships with some of the world’s leading tuberculosis prevention programs, working to ensure access to care to eradicate this challenging infectious disease.
ACTION works with partners to support high-impact, evidence-based nutrition interventions focused on saving lives and improving food security to the most vulnerable communities.
Reproductive, maternal, and neonatal health
Access to healthcare for women and support for reproductive and neonatal health is crucial to securing health equity, and ACTION is engaged at all levels to support the expansion of effective programming.
ACTION works to support a wide range poverty-related diseases, including the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; the Global Plan to End TB; the antimicrobial resistance agenda; and Universal Health Coverage.