Our mission is to influence policy and mobilize resources to fight diseases of poverty and achieve equitable access to health
We mobilize resources to support the very best locally rooted organizations engaged in fighting diseases of poverty and improving equitable access to healthcare.
The ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership supports our partner organizations around the world to engage with policymakers, decision-makers, and major institutional donors, and we do so guided by five core values:
- Equity Focused: Our work is guided by the belief that every person deserves equal access to health regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, education, or wealth.
- Evidence-based: Our advocacy is grounded in the global health and development evidence base, and we pride ourselves on being an informed and reliable source of best practice.
- Collaborative: We believe collaboration between elected representatives and other decision-makers, researchers, champions, international partners & allies, and engaged citizens & communities is critical to achieving and sustaining measurable impact on diseases of poverty and equitable access to health.
- Accountable: We seek to be accountable and transparent partners with each other, our supporters, funders, and allies; a responsive and credible resource for those to whom we advocate; and responsible and effective champions on behalf of those for whom we advocate.
- Bold: Our advocacy is inventive, persistent, and based on a clear and ambitious vision of what is necessary to achieve our mission.
While our overall goal remains broad — health equity — our strategy is to advance targeted advocacy on key health issues where each partner’s efforts are most likely to drive meaningful change.
Investments in health services for people living in poverty
Supporting policies for proven health interventions
Address gaps in research and development
Foster and maintain accountability across all levels
The Change We Want
We create sustainable partnerships with locally rooted organizations, bringing country-level plans the support of global programming.
The world’s people will decide whether to work toward the full ambition for a more equitable, healthy, and balanced planet that was put forth in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs); to accept a status quo where progress is possible, but deliberate and pervasive inequity still means that each child’s opportunity for a healthy start depends heavily on where and to whom she is born; or to reject the principles of global solidarity altogether. There are political movements pulling in all three directions, all over the world.
In this context, ACTION commits to enhancing our impact, influence, and partnership, so we can galvanize political will to achieve the ambitious sustainable development agenda. Our specific role will be to build, expand, and maintain the movements that drive progress toward health equity.