Last updated: March 17, 2022
Who we are
Our website address is: https://action.org.
What information we collect
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us; and/or
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business that we think may be of interest by email or similar technology where you have specifically agreed to this (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications); and/or
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and/or
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.