The ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership is a group of 15 locally rooted independent member organizations around the world, advocating together with allies and champions for a world where all people have equitable access to health. Our mission is to influence policy and mobilize resources to fight diseases of poverty and achieve equitable access to health.
In 2017, ACTION launched its Strategic Framework for 2017–2021 to focus its advocacy on three thematic pillars: 1) ending the epidemics; 2) giving all children a healthy start, with equal opportunity for girls and women to thrive; and 3) building equitable and sustainable systems. These pillars represent objectives that we seek to achieve by enhancing our impact, influence, and partnership, so we can galvanize political will to achieve the ambitious sustainable development agenda.
The ACTION partnership, which was established in 2004, is supported by a secretariat located in Washington, DC, and hosted by RESULTS Educational Fund. RESULTS believes that poverty cannot end as long as oppression exists and is committed to creating an equitable workplace. People of color, members of LGBTQ+ communities, and people with firsthand experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.
You have an amazing opportunity to make a big difference in advancing health equity around the globe.
Make a smart career move today and join the ACTION Secretariat team!
Additionally, we are looking for consultants to support the ACTION Secretariat:
Synchronize MLE framework and reporting tools for the ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership
|Location of Consultancy||Remote / Washington, DC, USA; no travel is required for this project|
|Language(s) required||English (fluency)|
|Duration of Contract||30 days|
Scope of Work
The objective of this assignment is to synchronize workplan and reporting tools to improve the efficiency, content, and relevance of the information received from partners, capture our successes, and report out our impact:
- Review and synchronize existing monitoring, learning, and evaluation (MLE) tools.
- Optimize current reporting systems to deepen reporting, analysis, and learning.
The consultant will work directly with the Director, ACTION Secretariat to synchronize the MLE framework and reporting tools for ACTION. The consultant will be responsible for verifying the scope of the services indicated and for proposing their expansion, reduction, or modification as and when the consultant deems necessary in accordance with professional experience and the knowledge obtained during project implementation.
The following resources may be utilized to fulfil this scope of work:
- Proprietary materials for ACTION’s current MLE framework, including tools, reporting, and analysis.
- Meetings/interviews with relevant stakeholders
Activities may include,
- Reviewing grant documents, annual workplan, and monthly report template.
- Adapting existing tools and optimizing them for efficiency, content, and relevance.
- Meeting with stakeholders as relevant.
- Creating a simple and brief description for use of the tools.
Key qualifications, experience, and skills of the candidate
- Advanced university degree in monitoring, learning, and evaluation; internal systems; or related field.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of issues of global health.
- Understanding of and past work with partnerships, networks, and/or associations would be considered a significant advantage.
- Extensive work experience and proven record in MLE with a specific focus on advocacy MLE, and a highly sophisticated, high-level view.
- Demonstrate experience of having undertaken similar assignments.
- Good analytical and documentation/report writing skills, particularly experience with evidence- or outcome-based reporting and using evidence/data effectively to communicate an organization’s impact.
- Good communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
Timeline and reporting
- The consultant reports to the Director, ACTION Secretariat. She coordinates their activities with other members of the Secretariat team.
- The assignment will take place June 1–30, 2022.
Procedure for submission of expression of interest
Interested consultants should submit the following documents by email:
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages)
- An application letter/email that includes their daily rate
- An example similar work
- At least two references from previous clients or employers
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please submit your applications at action [at] action.org with “MLE framework consultancy” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.